Saturday, July 11, 2015

EV Independence Day, First Drive on the Streets !!


It was intended to drive the EV out of the garage for the first time under its own battery power on Independence Day, July 4, 2015.  The symbolism of Independence from Petroleum on American Independence Day was too excellent to ignore, but one week late was the best that could be done, and even then with a little improvisation as described in the previous post.

Today it finally happened!  The 1992 BMW 325i EV exited the garage and travelled its first mile on city streets under complete battery power and Soliton 1 control !!!   My son William shared the first drive with me, and the moment was sweet indeed.  It is dark now, and since the headlights apparently need some surgery, my daughter and wife will plan to share the experience tomorrow.

All is very good indeed !!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to find out what kind range you are getting. I found you on Amazon when you purchased your Optima Batteries 8050-160-FFP D31T Yellow Tops. I want to put them in my EV, which is a 2006 Zap Xebra. Look forward to hearing back from you.

    ReplyDelete