Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Pioneer Conversions


Drove out to Pioneer Conversions in Lemont Illinois today.  Talked with Rich Carroll and John Jeide and John Emde.  They were all very helpful and enthusiastic about the 325i project and they have agreed to help me with the project and the sourcing of the adapter plate and shaft hub.  I was hoping to find EV enthusists that I could work with locally and these guys have a tremendous amount of experience, so today was a good day.  I feel that the assembly of the drive train is exceedingly important and their experience and counsel will help me to put together a vibration free assembly.  In terms of immediate gratification, I was very lucky that they had a Warp 11 in stock, and luckier still that we were able to load the 239 pounds of copper and steel into the trunk of my Honda work car. 

No comments:

Post a Comment