Sunday, May 13, 2012

Transmission Adapter Plate Drawing


Today I made a tracing of the exterior contour of the transmission bell housing.  After placing a white sheet of paper over several sheets of cardboard on a smooth floor, I inserted the two hollow alignment tubes into the transmission face and then placed the transmission face down so that the dowel tubes pierced the paper.  With a sharp pencil the outline was traced and the centers of each bolthole was estimated with a dot. I will send the drawing to Mike Brown in California since he lists 1991-1995 318i BMW Getrag transmission adapters that might be equivalent to the transmission that I am using.  His contact information in California is: (831)  429  1907 and his internet address is www.electroauto.com/contact.shtml.  I spoke with Mike on the phone Friday, and he was pleased that I was retaining the 5-speed transmission in the build.  Mike indicates that he can machine both the adapter plate and the hub.

No comments:

Post a Comment