Friday, April 20, 2012

Continued Destruction

I only have an hour to work today, so I decided to remove the left rear muffler supports and most of the Aluminum reflective insulation on the undercarriage.  Including some parts that were initially secured to the top of the engine, a total of 42.2 Kg (93 pounds) of ICE parts have been removed that will not be replaced in the final EV build.

I had a fantasy that I would loosen the drive shaft.  It turns out that I will need to get a socket wrench handle with much greater length as the bolts are fossilized in place !!  I lathered with penetrating oil, the 4 bolts that connect the drive shaft to the flexible coupling at the rear of the transmission and the 4 bolts at the differential.  I will cross my fingers that on next visit, the bolts will yield.

No comments:

Post a Comment