Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Warp 9 Motor Adapter

I ordered my first EV required part today.  It is a shaft adapter that should work well with the 1.125 inch diameter shaft of a Warp 9 motor.   

It is my understanding that the steel flywheel that comes with the stock clutch from the factory is quite heavy.  Further, I understand that by reducing the weight of the flywheel, I will greatly increase the performance of the 325i.  Since my 325i has 220+K miles on it and I am not sure when I last replaced the clutch, I have decided to get a complete replacement clutch kit and replace all of the active parts.  An Aluminum racing clutch is offered by F1Racing in California.  F1Racing indicates that although I can buy the flywheel separately, the original stock clutch parts that I currently have will not fit it properly.  I have selected the clutch disk with internal springs as I understand that without them I may have a tendency to squeal the tires each time I begin driving.

 I am getting the tools together so that this next weekend I can attempt to cut out the gas tank.  Time is my enemy and since I want to move ahead rapidly with this project, I have decided not to attempt to remove it in one piece.  I doubt that the Ebay market is very hot for a used 1992 325i gas tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment