Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Engine is Out

Today I began cleaning the transmission.  I used a scrub brush to rub down all the surfaces after spraying liberally with Gunk Foam Cleaner.  I will next take it to work to power wash the housing.

My son and I raised the engine out of the compartment with a chain hoist.  The Service manual was accurate, I had to remove the fan to allow the engine to clear the frame in front.  But, the fan was easy to unbolt (x3) once it was partially airborn.


The car will now need to be lowered and rolled out of the garage.  I will next back a pickup into the garage and then lower the engine onto a pallet in the truck bed.  I will need to get a careful measurement of the distance from the flywheel to the face of the engine before I salvage out the engine.

The engine compartment is now empty !!  Wow, a milestone has been reached.



No comments:

Post a Comment